Hi I am Ben. I am quite excited about the trip, though nervous about being with my family for so long in such a confined space. One thing I like to do in my free time is go to the Charlestown field and play with a soccer ball and football with my dad. While we were at the field we came to the question; what would fields around the world be like? To answer this question my Dad and I made a field criteria. In this criteria there are different amounts of points you get for how well you do in one area. For example you could get 20 points for field quality, though get only 4 for equipment quality. This allows the field to be able to get a fair rating.
The Charlestown field is our model field. It is definitely not perfect but it is not to far from perfect. Here is our first rating the Charlestown field.
Charlestown Field Rating:
- Turf or grass? Turf
- Field quality (0-20): 17 There is a grippy turf
- Lights / no-lights (0-10): 9 There are nice bright lights
- Fung Shiu / ascetics (0-20): 16 The field has a nice feng shui at sunset and when the sun is shining brightly.
- Sport options (0-10 popularity of activities). 3 for every activity, 5 for playgrounds): 8 many popular activities across multiple fields so you can play many at once, the tennis courts use to have a bubble over them, that would have given it a 10
- Football: 3
- Baseball: 3
- Soccer: 3
- Lacrosse: 3
- Tennis: 3
- Track: 3
- Long Jump: 3
- Equipment quality (how are the nets) (0-15): 8 Ok equipment
- Food availability (0-10): 8 Renaldo’s food truck is usually around with good food.
- Bathrooms (0-10): 6 Adequate bathrooms
- Extras (0-20): 7 Sweet vibe of field with the water nearby and the Tobin bridge in the background.
Charlestown Field Total Points: 100